TOP REASONS TO ENROLL YOUR CHILD AT NMIS
U.S. students need to know more about the world. A recent study showed that:
- Half of 18- to 24-year-olds could not find New York state on the map of the United States;
- Fewer than three in ten felt that it was absolutely necessary to know where countries in the news were located;
- Only 14 percent believed speaking another language fluently was a necessary skill;
- Fewer than one in five young Americans owned a world map;
- Three in ten respondents placed the United States population between one and two billion; and
- Seventy-four percent said English was the most commonly spoken native language in the world.