New Mexico International School is an APS-authorized K-6 charter school in Albuquerque. We are an International Baccalaureate World School, offering the Primary Years’ Programme, as well as a dual language Spanish/English immersion model.
NMIS is an equal opportunity employer. Equal opportunity is assured to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, ancestry, or age.
Openings for 2019-2020
Full time Bilingual Classroom Teachers: We need teachers bilingual in Spanish and English, with a background in dual language instruction. License requirement: Valid New Mexico K-8 Elementary License with Bilingual Education Endorsement. Experience in IB’s Primary Years Program not required but a plus. We will have possible positions in the following grades:
- First Grade (1 position)
Part Time Special Education Director: We are seeking a part time (0.2 FTE) qualified staff member to oversee our Special Education program, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance (overseeing approx 20 IEP’s). Duties include oversight of program and Special Education Teacher and Ancillary Service Providers.
Building Custodian (1 position)
New Mexico International School looking for a building custodian to join our team! This person would be responsible for cleaning the entire school. Be are looking for someone who takes pride in their work in keeping the building clean, sanitized and something the school community proud of! The square footage to be cleaned for the 19/20 school year is approximately 45,000 square feet. (Square footage, time, and so total pay to increase in future years). The ideal candidate would also be able to perform minor repairs for building maintenance. To work well in this role prior verifiable cleaning experience is a must, and basic maintenance knowledge around minor building repairs would be a plus.
· Thorough cleaning and sanitizing of the building.
· See attached preferred cleaning schedule.
· Minor building repairs/maintenance as needed and able.
· Notify supervisors or managers of major repairs needed.
· Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
· Ensuring cleaning supplies are on hand.
· Work with contracted cleaning services when necessary.
· Work after regular school hours/on weekends
· Verifiable to prior related experience.
· Knowledge of how to clean and sanitize various hard and porous surfaces without damaging the surfaces.
· Great attention to detail.
· Ability to manage your time efficiently.
· Work well when supervisors are not present.
· Independent thinker and problem solver.
· Ability to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
· Pass a background check.
· Ability to provide proof to legally work in the United States.
· General knowledge of minor building repairs and maintenance
· Knowledge of or ability to learn how to maintain cleaning equipment
This is a 0.8 FTE position (32 hours a week) with hours to increase to 40 over the following years. Retirement benefits included. Health insurance benefits will also be offered when the position reaches full time. Working days will be late July to early June with extended school breaks
and five weeks off in the summer. Pay starts at $14 an hour, based on experience.
To apply for this position send your resume to email@example.com.